Wednesday, December 1, 2010

College Love Triangle

Dear Harlan,

So I'm in a bit of a love triangle. My best friend and I have a crush on the same guy, but only I've admitted to it. She says she doesn't like him and that he's mine for the taking, but I know she doesn't really want that. I also know for a fact that the guy has similar feelings for me. Unfortunately, he doesn't want to do anything to screw up any friendship since we're all part of a tight-knit group. It's getting harder and harder to resist the feelings, and I don't want to give up the chance of something happening, but I don't know how long I can take it. But what can I do when the guy holds the reins?

Out of my Hands


Dear Out of my Hands,

She said she doesn't want him, right? For all you know, she's really a lesbian and is deeply in love with you. Now, that's what you call a love triangle. What you're describing is just the illusion of a love triangle. If you want to make sure she's being honest with you, talk about it in the clearest terms again. Tell her how you feel about this guy. Tell her that you think she's not telling you the truth. Explain that if she has feelings you're not going to date this guy because your friendship with her means everything. If she's cool with you dating him, talk about it with the guy to see if he's into you. The chances are, you'll date him for a little while, break up and then your friend will end up dating him (or you), and getting married. Now, this really is a love triangle.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Harlan Cohen,
    I have no friends in college and would like to date.All the time I look at young teenagers romancing and being together.For me going for a date is hard as in my culture you get married when you like somebody.Harlan I like the American culture and the basic rights for women there is respect and care.
    I don't want to be single and would like to go for a date will you help me Harlan and be my friend.

    ReplyDelete